In the following days, all workplaces will open be only on MONDAY 8.00 - 11.00 and WEDNESDAY 13.00 - 16.00!
From 20th to 31st March, the workplace in Prague will be closed for technical reasons. Thank you for your understanding.
Services at the receipt office in Prague:
Valuation of jewellery: Monday 14:00 - 17:00 closed until further notice
Gemological counseling: Wednesday 9:00 - 12:00 closed until further notice
More informations HERE (Czech only)
Reciept of materials from precious metals submitted for melting in Prague - a time reserve for the reciept of material over 200g (1 hour before the end of the opening hours)
Mission and Legal Status
Assay Office as a body of the administration authority performs the state control in the field of hallmarking and precious metal testing. It was established by the Czech National Council Law No. 19/1993 Coll., about the Bodies of Administration Authorities of Czech Republic in the Field of Hallmarking and Precious Metal Testing, from which the Assay Office competences and duties are resulting. The provision of the financial refundment is included in the Law about Hallmarking and Precious Metal Testing (Hallmarking Act), No. 539/1992 Coll., and in the procedural Decree of the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MPO), No. 363/2003 Coll., according to which the Hallmarking Act is implemented.
- The tasks of the Assay Office are:
- to perform the hallmarking inspection at manufacturers and retailers of precious metal articles and impose sanctions against them where defects have been found;
- to test or in other way determine the fineness of the precious metal articles or other items made of precious metals;
- to deal with the goods acquired by State according to special regulations or international treaties;
- to carry out, if required, the expert activities in the hallmarking field, precious metal testing and analytical chemistry and in precious metal economy and to make comments on the proposals of the Czech technical standards in the field of testing and analytical chemistry of precious metals;
- to fulfil other tasks according to the Hallmarking Act or other special regulations.
The Assay Office represents the Czech Republic in the Convention on the Control and Marking of Articles of Precious Metals.
It is a member of the Association of European Assay Offices. It is a representative of the Czech Republic in the field of precious metals in international standardization system, i.e. in the working group WG 1 of ISO technical commitee TC 174 and in the Commision of TC 283 of CEN.
It has been charged with leading the subgroup of precious metals within the Czech standardization of non-metallic materials.